This is a model of a small branchline in Oxfordshire. The scale is 2mm = 1 foot ( N Gauge ) Opened in 1866 and operated by the GWR it survived for just 99 years.
The site of the station and goods yard is now a housing estate and the area that the CWS creamery occupied has also been built on.
The "Old Moor Lane" bridge over the line at this point was demolished by the Borough Council in 1969 and it is on the other side of this road that the Cholsey & Wallingford Preservation Society has set up its HQ.
The model represents the area from the station to Old Moor Lane bridge, the track layout having been compressed slightly to fit the baseboards.
The period is set in the mid sixties as this allows for both steam and diesel operation together with an interesting variety of passenger and goods rolling stock.
In real life passenger services ceased in 1959 along with goods traffic in 1965, however although the branch would have been facing closure we have assumed that for the time being it has had a reprieve.